Successful treasure hunt has to always start with a good metal detector and there is no compromise for it. Metal detectors manufacture industry has grown over the years with various companies being dedicated to manufacturing the best metal detectors the world has had. Famous Trails is known to be a major player in the metal detectors industry, having a number metal detectors in the market that users find good.
Purchasing the right metal detector is half the success in treasure hunt. There should be no hurry while purchasing one. Do your research, and a thorough one before buying any metal detector. Having information on the metal detectors available in the market, their strengths and shortcoming will positively inform your decision while purchasing.
Famous Trails Metal Detectors Models
MD9400 The Ultimate Metal Detector
This is the latest metal detector from Famous Trails. MD94OO metal detector features;
- 2 detection modes, making it possible to detect even small sized targets.
- 4 operation modes
- LCD screen for easy digitalized operation
- Waterproof search coil hence it is suitable for treasure hunting in oceans, lakes, ponds and other water bodies
- 5” maximum detection depth ability
- Target ID that specifies the target; rings, nickel, dime, quarters etc.
- High discrimination that distinguish target items from junk.
- Easy slide battery pack
- Operates on 12v DC or 8 AA rechargeable batteries.
- Exclusive ATZ 37 processor.
The lower stem of this machine is made of fiberglass, making it light (6 lbs.) but stiff meaning it is easily portable.
MD94OO is not submersible, and hence should only be used on dry grounds.
MD9300 ‘The Professional’ metal detector
MD9300 metal detector features motion-discriminate and all- metal mode, helping one to find any metallic target during treasure hunt including coins, jewelry and relics.
Its main features that lead to its efficiency are:
- Multi tone discrimination for distinguishing between different targets; dimes, rings, quarters among others
- Accuracy trigger that ensures easy targeting of objects
- 5” Waterproof search coil
- Easy to slide battery pack
- Padded arm supporting handle
MD9200 ‘The Professional’ metal detector
This metal detector has LCD display with volume, discrimination and volume buttons. It features;
- Multi tone discrimination that specifies the target.
- Waterproof search coil.
- Padded arm supporting handle
- Detachable battery pack that waist-mounts for easy carrying.
- 2 9-volt batteries.
MD9100 ‘The Weekender’ metal detector
This detector detects all types of metals but can operate on notch mode that eliminates some metals. It has a multi tone discrimination mode that tells the exact target; US coins, rings among other items using distinct audio tones.
It has a LCD screen that displays the depth of the target and battery level monitor.
It also features a waterproof search coil, a padded arm rest and requires 2 9-volt batteries to operate.
CM572 Discriminator Metal Detector
This Famous Trail CM572 metal detector is VLF detector that features;
- 3 distinctive alerts for different ferrous and non- ferrous metals. It can discriminate iron/steel from silver/gold.
- VLF operation mechanism hence cab detect even small pieces of targets
- 200mm waterproof search coil
- Meter and pointer that indicates ferrous and non-ferrous items
- Ground balancing mechanism to prevent false signals due to ground mineralization
- Adjustable metal shaft and a padded arm rest
MD7012 Discriminator gold series metal detector
MD7012 is a VLF metal detector meaning it can detect even tiny targets.
It features 3 distinctive alerts for different types of ferrous and non-ferrous metals
It has 200mm waterproof search coil, has a battery test switch and ground control tunes to minimize occurrence of false signals.
Has 1/8 ‘headphone pack, view meter and pointer light indicator for different metals and has an adjustable metal shaft with padded arm supporting handle.
It operates with 3 9volts batteries.
MD7010 Treasure Hunter Style Gold Series Metal Detector
It has a ferrous and non-ferrous discriminator that distinguishes silver/gold from iron/steel.
It features 170mm waterproof search coil, adjustable sensitivity control and volume control knobs.
CM570 Treasure Hunter Style Metal Detector.
It has a battery level indicator and operates on 6 AA batteries.
This metal detector uses three 9- volt batteries.
CM570 Treasure Hunter Style
Has ferrous and non-ferrous discriminator and hence can differentiate iron/steel for silver/gold.
It has a volume control, a headphone jack and one touch auto-tune.
It features 70mm waterproof search coil and adjustable sensitivity control.
It has a battery test switch and works with 6 AA batteries.
MD3006 metal detector
- MD3006 is super sensitive differentiation metal detector, working with VLF of 15 kHz. It has the following features;
- High sensitivity and can find objects as deep as 1.5 meters deep.
- Super sensitive differentiation
- 20 cm waterproof search coil
- Adjustable sensitivity depending on the target and purpose for search
- Adjustable shaft with an arm rest
- Non-ferrous metal green indicator
- Ferrous metal red indicator
- Ground control to limit effects of mineralization
- Mode selector
- Volume control
- Headphone jack
- Sensitivity adjuster
MD3005 Treasure Hunter Metal Detector
The famous Trails MD3OO5 metal detector is best suitable for beginners, who do not have much experience in treasure hunting. It is used for finding coins, jewelry and relics on the ground. This machine is not waterproof but its search coil is waterproof; that doesn’t mean it can be used in water.
It has an adjustable shaft making it really efficient even by kids. It also has adjustable sensitivity and good enough discrimination to distinguish junk from target.
It also has ferrous and non-ferrous metals discriminator enabling it to discriminate iron/steel from other non- ferrous containing metals like gold, silver, and platinum among others.
This metal detector has ground control, limiting occurrence of false signals due heavy mineralization of the soil.
Despite being cheap, Famous Trails Metal Detectors perform some quite good work in treasure hunting, but you can’t basically compare them to some high and mid-range metal detectors in the market.